Saturday, September 14, 2013

Quick Filter - Solid & Void


Often Times I was wondering there should be a quicker way to select the Solid’s and Void’s inside a family and finally I had a Way to filter the solids and for void.

The furniture family below has total Count: 59 both Solid & Void Geometry, but

-          I need a total count of Solid and Void used in this family separately.

-          Another reason to quickly assign the material to the solids.

-          Probably control the visibility as well
 

 

Here is the trick – From the Object style I have a new category called – “SolidCabinet” and the material assigned as well. Selected the multiple Solid geometry and changed the Subcategory to “SolidCabinet” another warning to notice is Void won’t have subcategory which means when I filter now I will get the Solid count and other is the void.
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

Now we subtract the count: SolidCabinet with Other. In my case here is my calculation.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Solid: 47

Void: 12
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 












Hope this make sense or do you have a better option???
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment